Pieter is seeking a new Director of Communications! This is a salaried position with an estimated 20 hours of work per week with a flexible schedule made up of independent work, regular onsite program documentation, and team meetings.
It is required that candidates be local to Los Angeles (Chumash, Tongva, Kizh land) where our onsite programs and community are based, and where we hope to find a new studio location.
As Pieter strives to become a platform for dancing bodies of all kinds, we understand the importance of including the voices of those who have been historically left out of the conversation. For that reason, we strongly encourage applications from Black and local Indigenous people, people with intersecting identities – LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.
– Design and manage a multi-platform (WordPress, MailChimp, Instagram, Facebook) marketing strategy and calendar to promote Pieter programs and share organization updates
– Liaise with Pieter team and program artists to receive all necessary marketing content in a timely manner
– Oversee Pieter’s website back-end to reflect up to date content for all upcoming programs and communicate with Pieter’s web designer for site maintenance
– Create and schedule MailChimp, Instagram and Facebook campaigns
– Manage Instagram and Facebook accounts to not only promote Pieter programs but also amplify and engage with community opportunities and needs
– Design and implement fundraising campaigns to reflect goals set by the Board of Directors and Executive Director
– Attend Pieter programs for staff support, including sharing organization updates and expectations with program participants, as well as documentation for promotional purposes
– Participation in monthly Justice, Accountability and Safety (JAS) Club and staff meetings
An ideal candidate for this position:
– Is local to Los Angeles and excited to attend in-person programs for body-based practice
– Demonstrates strong communication skills (verbal, written, visual)
– Enjoys working independently and is able to keep others on track with timelines
– Has experience with WordPress, MailChimp, Google Suite, and Adobe Suite (or any other creative software) as well as secure access to a computer and internet connection
– Passionate about graphic design, photo and video documentation
– Is comfortable and sensitive in asking for documentation consent
Compensation and benefits:
– $24,000 annual salary, to be paid on a bi-weekly basis ($1000/pay period)
– $20 monthly WiFi stipend
– Free participation in all Pieter programs
– Two weeks annual paid time-off
– Flexible holiday schedule determined collaboratively with Pieter team
Please email a resume/CV and letter of intent detailing what makes you a strong candidate for this position both as pdf attachments to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 13th, 2022. Work samples encouraged (i.e Instagram accounts managed and/or design work).
If you have any questions or access needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Help us spread the word by sharing this opportunity with someone you think is a perfect fit!