It is with a great deal of enthusiasm and care that Pieter is thrilled to announce we are seeking an Executive Director to start in January 2022, with plans for the current Executive Director to exit in March 2022.
Though currently a majority of hours will be remote and with a flexible schedule, it is required that candidates be local to Los Angeles where our onsite programs and community are based, and where we hope to find a new studio location.
As Pieter strives to become a platform for dancing bodies of all kinds, we understand the importance of including the voices of those who have been historically left out of the conversation. For that reason, we strongly encourage applications from Black and local Indigenous people, people with intersecting identities – LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.
- Working collaboratively with the Director of Programs to ensure that all programs and opportunities for community engagement align with Pieter’s mission and values.
- Ensuring timely completion of all government and foundation grant applications, contract compliance, program production, and grant reporting requirements.
- Supporting Board of Directors in annual fundraising campaigns and seeking new funding opportunities.
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting an engaged Board of Directors; serving as ex-officio member.
- Partnering with the Communications Director to promote programs and draft announcements from Pieter leadership.
- Pursuing community partnerships and systems of mutual support.
- Seeking a lease for a new studio space, as well as opportunities for shared space.
- Ensuring organizational accountability to community needs, feedback and new ideas.
- Working closely with Pieter’s bookkeeper to track financial activity, draft annual budget proposals, and provide quarterly updates to staff and Board.
- Coordinating non-profit operations including: engagement metrics, tax filing, insurance policies and payroll management.
- Attending panels and public events to represent Pieter outside the organization.
An ideal candidate for this position:
- Is local to Los Angeles
- Has a minimum of 3 years of experience in arts administration, with a focus in operations
- Is invested in creating opportunities and supportive structures for movement artists in Los Angeles, and is passionate about the intersections of body-based practices, healing and activism
- Values and has experience in diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility, and has clear strategies for how to continuously promote these values in their work at Pieter
- Is familiar with the city, county, state, and federal arts funding landscape
- Has experience developing and managing an annual budget
- Demonstrates ingenuity in pursuing new funding opportunities
- Has experience or familiarity in board relations
- Has experience managing a collaborative team and enjoys facilitating group work
- Is very comfortable with Zoom and Google applications
- Is warm, outgoing and enjoys connecting with many different kinds of people
Compensation and benefits:
- A salary of $46,800/year paid biweekly, estimated at 30 hours/week
- 2 weeks annual paid time off, to be scheduled in consultation with staff
- Flexible holiday schedule
- $40 monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- Free participation in all Pieter classes, workshops and events
Email email@example.com by December 6, 2021, with a letter of intent detailing what makes you a strong candidate for this position, as well as a resume or CV, both sent as pdf attachments.